Security for Virtualized Environments
Security service for virtual machines, virtualized datacenters and cloud instances delivered by the GravityZone on premise console.
- Best protection for Windows and Linux virtual machines: enabling real time scanning for file systems, processes, memory and registry
- Best proven performance in datacenters: up to 20% performance improvement compared to traditional security vendors
- Works on any virtualization platform: VMware, Citrix, Microsoft Hyper-V, KVM, Oracle, and others on demand
- Agentless security for VMware NSX
- Flexible licensing per VS, per VDI or per CPU for consolidated datacenters
(+66) 021 08 1333
Best performance In virtual environments
Based on competitive performance testing run with Login Virtual Session Indexer, (Login VSI), GravityZone – SVE has the least impact on applications running in virtualized environments among virtualization security solutions
Simple and easy to deploy, lowers implementation duration and cost
Delivered as a Linux Ubuntu self-configuring hardened virtual appliance, integrates with VMware vCenter, Citrix XenServer, and Active Directory
Cost Reductions Through Higher Server Consolidation
GravityZone Security for Virtualized Environments server consolidation by up to 20% when compared to traditional antimalware, reducing hardware needs and energy consumption
Scalable and resilient security
Eliminates single point of failure and AV storms, grows organically by cloning virtual appliances and automating deployment with golden images
Minimized Administrative Overhead
Combines simplified deployment and administration with powerful antimalware engines and security policies to help streamline IT operations while improving compliance
Optimized protection on all known hypervisors - VMware vShield VMware ESXi, Citrix Xen, Microsoft Hyper-V, Red Hat KVM, Oracle VM and more
- One console offering easy centralized management, deployment and enforcement of security policies to any number of endpoints, on any hypervisor, in any cloud;
- One architecture enabling full visibility and control in datacenter and cloud through integration with Active Directory, VMware and Citrix hypervisors;
- One agent covering any combination of virtualization platforms, private and public cloud providers;
Multiple security layers
Antimalware and antivirus, including real-time protection for file systems, memory, processes and registry database;
- Targeted attack defense and zero-Day Threat Protection through advanced threat control and advanced exploit detection;
- Multi-layered anti-ransomware defense
including similarity-based detection, advanced threat control against unknown ransomware, and anti-ransomware vaccine to halt the encryption process
Fully featured two-way personal firewall and host-based intrusion detection and prevention HIDS / HIPS;
- Content Control
Multiple thread filtering of web content to identify potential online threats;
- Device Control
Port and device control to enforce data protection policies;
- Application Control Whitelisting
Creates inventory of authorized applications and prevents the execution of malware or unauthorized software. Application Control Whitelisting is available for Windows platform only (starting with Windows 7 for desktop and Windows Server 2008 R2). Application Control Whitelisting should not be activated on File Servers.
- Centralized scanning offloads antimalware processes from each protected virtual machine to virtual security appliances;
- Multi-level caching - de-duplicating scanning processes with two-layered caching mechanism;
- Optimized Scanning – focused on the 10% capable of execution that may harbor malicious code;
- Any combination of virtualization platforms: VMware, Citrix, Microsoft Hyper-V, KVM, Oracle;
- Any environment: datacenters, private cloud, public cloud and hybrid cloud;
- Tightly integrates with VMware NSX;
Scalable and resilient
- Application delivered as a self-configuring hardened virtual appliance based on Linux Ubuntu;
- Employs fast and secure open source database MongoDB;
- Load balancing on multiple security virtual appliances eliminates single point of failure;
- Scales just by cloning virtual appliances;
System requirements and OS Coverage
- Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP (SP3)
- Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2003 R2
- Solaris 11, 10 (only in VMware vShield environments)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux / CentOS 5.6 or higher
- Ubuntu 12.04 LTS or higher
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 or higher
- OpenSUSE 11 or higher
- Fedora 16 or higher
- Debian 7.0 or higher
- Oracle Solaris 11, 10 (only in VMware vShield environments)
- Oracle Linux 6.3 or higher
- VMware vSphere 6.0, 5.5, 5.1, 5.0 P1 or 4.1 P3
- ESXi 6.0, 5.5, 5.1, 5.0, 4.1
- VMware vCenter Server 6.0, 5.5, 5.1, 5.0 or 4.1
- VMware vShield Manager 5.5, 5.1, 5.0
- VMware vShield Endpoint
- VMware vCNS 5.5, 5.5.4
- VMware Tools 8.6.0 build 446312
- VMware View 5.1, 5.0
- Citrix XenDesktop 7.5, 5.5, 5.0
- Citrix XenServer 6.0, 5.6 or 5.5 including
- Citrix Xen Hypervisor
- Citrix VDI-in-a-Box 5.x
- Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2012, 2008 R2
- Microsoft Hyper-V Hypervisor
- Red Hat Enterprise 3.0 including
- Red Hat KVM Hypervisor
- Oracle VM 3.0
GravityZone is the firstsecurity solution to properly address the scalability and performance challenges that enterprises face today, built from the ground up for heterogeneous environments.
CALL Business Sales(+66) 021 08 1333
Bitdefender GravityZone FAQ
Bitdefender GravityZone is the new Bitdefender enterprise security solution for Medium to Very Large Organizations. It's redesigned from the ground up with a fresh, but proven private cloud computing architecture that takes full advantage of virtualized infrastructures. GravityZone leverages Bitdefender's acclaimed antimalware technologies and provides a centralized security management platform for physical, virtualized and mobile endpoints.
GravityZone is a business-agile solution that implements a holistic approach. Not just antivirus, but an enterprise-grade solution that helps organizations to attain their virtualization projects objectives and secure data, while preserving the systems' performance and users' productivity.
With built in redundancy and load balancing mechanism, it's capable to scale-out on-demand to protect from hundreds to hundreds of thousands of endpoints, and provides administrators with a single pane of glass into organization's security postures, global threats and dashboards for various roles within the organization.
From platform architecture to security services, GravityZone emerges as a reinvented enterprise security solution built for the new IT landscape. The solution combines highly optimized virtualization aware security with leading detection technologies and a fresh, but proven, architecture.
Complex enterprise environments require tailored, integrated security solutions that support heterogeneous environments with a broad range of systems and usage scenarios. GravityZone has been designed to deliver optimized security for the new threats and risks of data exposures introduced by:
- Exponential evolution of malware and professionalization, combined with
- Increased Internet penetration;
- Exponential increase of data;
- IT consumerization and convergence of devices and services;
- Cloud computing and virtualization technologies.
All this has changed the IT landscape, the way information is delivered and consumed, how applications and services are provisioned.
GravityZone itself is implemented as a private cloud solution that runs on virtualized layers and it's packed to enable organizations to secure their IT assets, while helps to reduce administration burden, lower TCO and improve the return-on-investments. The solution removes the scalability limitation of legacy solutions based on client-server architecture and relational databases.
The improvement continues with security services, too. GravityZone extends and integrates security services to virtualized environments and mobile devices. So, as users are expecting the same experience when consuming information on a PC, Laptop, Tablet or Smartphone, the information security will be preserved, too, no matter if is accessed locally or remotely, from a workstation or a mobile device, if the company uses traditional or virtualized infrastructures.
GravityZone is unified by design and aims to be a solution that covers all security requirements. In current stage it unifies the main security services and provides a single point of management for physical, virtualized and mobile endpoints security. Future development will integrate new security services into GravityZone, like security for email and collaboration, and also will add services enhancements and support for other platforms.
Unlike other solutions that bolt-on modules to an aging architecture, importing different 3rd party technologies and trying to put them together, Bitdefender GravityZone has been architected from the ground up as a unified security management platform across physical, virtualized and mobile environments. It features a modular design that allows flexible and tailored security services, and role based administration.
The solution comprises of the following integrated components:
- GravityZone Control Center - the management platform that provides the single point of security management across organization.
- Security for Endpoints - protects Windows workstations and servers.
- Security for Virtualized Environments - protects virtualized Windows and Linux guest systems, running on VMware, Citrix, Microsoft or any other virtualization platform
- Security for Mobile Devices - enables secured BYOD adoption, with easy delivery and control of mobile devices security for effective administration.
GravityZone is 100% modularized. This means that you can choose what services you want to license, with the needed number of units per each one.
Even if GravityZone is delivered as virtual appliance, its deployment is not constrained by SVE service activation. However, if you already run or plan to deploy virtualization projects, we recommend you to implement Security for Virtualized Environments (SVE).
With GravityZone you will benefit of effective security and improved administration efficiency from two directions. On one side reduced administration burden due to centralized management and architecture benefits with simple turn-key deployment of GravityZone virtual appliance, built in redundancy and scalability mechanism, and on the other side is the optimized virtualization security services of SVE that will help you attain your business objectives of the virtualization projects and realize the full potential of your investments.
For example, there is a need to provide security for VMs running on VMware ESXi and Microsoft Hyper-V at the same time.
Yes, with Security for Virtualized Environments service of GravityZone you can manage all types of virtualization scenarios from a single point of management. GravityZone Control Center is integrated with VMware vCenter and Citrix XenCenter, and also supports many other virtualization platforms, like Microsoft Hyper-V, KVM, RedHat Enterprise Virtualization, or Oracle Virtualization.
GravityZone is a modular solution supporting you to license only what you need, when you need. You can license each security service for the necessary number of units.
- Up front paid subscriptions for 1, 2 or 3 years.
- Possible to license one, two or all security services.
- GravityZone is licensed per module, based on the number of units for each service.
- Control Center is provided for free with any Security Service.
- Security for Virtualized Environment is licensed per:
- # of virtual desktops (VDI) & virtualized servers (VS) or
- # of physical CPUs that power the virtualized environment.
- Security for Endpoints is licensed per # of physical endpoints: desktops & servers
- Security for Mobile Devices is licensed per # of mobile devices, iOS and Android.
Volume discounts are applicable for each security service, starting from as low as 15 units.
Installation Guide offers you essential information to deploy GravityZone in your network.
Administrator’s Guide helps you to manage and monitor network security with GravityZone.
Reporter’s Guide shows how you can monitor your network security.
Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools Users Guide is intended to help Windows users run local scans and remove malware from their systems.
Endpoint Security for MAC Users Guide is intended to help Mac users run local scans and remove malware from their systems.
API Documentation helps developers automate business workflows using the Bitdefender GravityZone APIs.